Word of The Month (June 2011) – SON
Son – [suhn]
1. A male child. The male offspring of another.
“Gain some knowledge, son.”
2. To completely own another, or make look foolish. The act of becoming somebody’s “daddy”.
“You’re so bad at basketball, I could easily son you.”
Sonning – [suhn-ing]
3. When someone is in the process of making you look foolish, becoming your “daddy”, or owning you.
“Dude, I’m just straight up sonning you in this right now!”
Sonned – [suhnned]
4. The past act of someone “sonning” another.
“Holy cow, Joey just sonned you!”
Sonnage – [sun-ij]
5. The result of one being completely owned.
“Oh sonned. That was total sonnage, man. Complete and utter sonnage.”
Word Origin – The term has resulted in people taking control over someone or making them look foolish and saying “call me daddy” or “who’s your daddy?” So when someone owns you and becomes your “daddy” for the moment, you become their son.